2.02.2016

Upcoming Young Women's Retreat


Hey there, young ladies!!!  This is Allison writing, and I just wanted to give you a personal invitation to a really special weekend I am hosting just for you.  Several years ago, the Lord began to impress on my heart the need for a time for young women to be encouraged and refreshed.  He showed me that there are a lot of girls out there who perhaps don't have an older sister, are thirsting for discipleship, or maybe just need some friends.  I started dreaming about hosting these girls for a few days that would be all about pouring into their lives and giving them a vibrant vision for femininity and establishing an intimate relationship with Jesus.  The first Young Women's Retreat was such a sweet time that we had another one last year, and now I am excited to be planning another retreat for the second weekend of May 2016.  

For those of you who haven't joined us for this special time in past, but are considering coming this time, I thought you might like to hear from some of the girls who have come.  Some of these girls came and didn't know anyone at all, but each one of them left with new friendships forged and sweet memories made.  Here's what they have to say:

“I was so blessed and encouraged by the young women's retreat! I loved the fellowship, quiet atmosphere, challenging sessions, delicious food, and girl time. It was definitely a highlight of my year! “
-Bethany

“The Young Ladies Retreat meant allot to me. I learned so many things in a short time. Built strong, lasting relationships. The sessions convicted and strengthened me so much, and the one on one conversations were precious!”
-Sarah

“I was VERY encouraged to memorize Scripture in my Bible times. This has been a Huge blessing when spiritual "storms" come. The Lord is my Deliverer! ( Psalm 18:2)”
-Hannah

“I know that, for me, Allison's girl's retreat was very special. I came feeling tired, both physically and spiritually, and left with a new sense of joy in Christ and in being a part of God's family. It was a time of conviction and encouragement as we listened, learned, discussed and just had fun together. God really used the retreat to show me more of Himself, and I came away blessed. “
-Audrey

“I think the best part for me was the fellowship and encouragement from both the teaching times and from being with other young ladies who love the Lord. I told my Mama on the way home that my cup was so full, I would "live" on what I learned for a long time! Such a blessing.”
-Anna

"The young women's retreat was such a blessing for my sista and I to attend.  It was so refreshing to have a few days to spend with other like-minded young ladies who all loved JESUS!  One of the best things about Retreat is the focus on Jesus+God's Word.  I came away from Retreat encouraged and ready to press on+serve the Lord in whatever ways He brings across my path!" 
-Rachael 

“I so highly recommend this fabulous retreat! Two words that come to mind are REFRESHING and SPECIAL. You will be well fed with both encouragement from God's Word (prepare to scribble notes like crazy, because the sessions are absolutely excellent!), sweet fellowship, and scrumptious food. Of the retreats I've been to, this schedule is the perfect combination of beautifully flexible yet structured - plenty of time for both quiet time with Jesus, sessions, and many vibrant memories/laughs/adventures. I don't know what special details are planned for this year, but it's bound to be memorable since the whole thing is just filled to the brim with special touches (like little welcome packages or a hayrack ride to the woods) that have been prepared with lots of love + prayer! One of my favorite things about the retreat are the friendships that are forged. Personally, I have all brothers, so it was a treat to have that time with a bunch of "sisters"! It's been about 5 months since the last retreat and yet many of the current emails in my inbox are from retreat friends - the accountability continues! If it's out of your comfort zone to think about attending something like this, I'd encourage you to take the leap + come with a ready, joyful heart! Totally worth any long drive, flight, or $ investment. It's been a highlight of my year and I'm so thankful for this sweet time! You come away so refreshed and inspired.”
-Elizabeth A

"The retreat was really a time of refreshment and blessing to me. The sweet fellowship with other daughters of God was a blessing. I was touched to see girls connecting on a deep, personal level, willing to be vulnerable with one another. There was a lot of laughter and fun that brought us together. What a special time of learning and mutual discipleship!"
-Lucy

“First of all, I just have to say how much I enjoyed the retreat! It was fantastic. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous about going to retreat where the majority of people were strangers. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Never did I think I would meet such sweet, kind girls full of Jesus and His love. 
To be very honest, the night before I almost thought of pulling out and not attending. I had been to so many other lukewarm retreats where the girls weren't even really interested at all in Jesus or His Word. They seemed more interested in boys, pop culture and the latest trends.  I would go to these events and think, "There's got to be something more. I know that there are girls out there who truly do love Jesus with their everything." 
As soon as I got to the retreat, I realized this was going to be unlike any other I had attended. It was actually centered around Jesus, rather than Him being merely fit into it. Right from the start, I felt so welcomed. I couldn't believe how genuine everyone was. I'd never really been to anything quite like it! It was so wonderful ....I loved just sitting there and soaking everything up.   I went home from the retreat completely refreshed and encouraged. It was such a blessing!  Everything, from the food to the sessions, was positively wonderful. If I were ever to rate my experience, I would give it 6 out of 5 stars.”
-Joy


So there is a bit about the Retreat!  If you are interested in attending, please email me at rejoicinginhislove@gmail.com.  I can't wait to meet you and spend some time you + all the other wonderful girls!  It will be a special weekend together.

-Allison Bontrager

11 comments:

  1. The retreat sounds great I would love to come but i don't know if i would have the finances to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful, Allison. I know it will be a refreshing time for young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound wonderful!!!!!!!I probably won't be able to make it this time, but I REALLY, REALLY hope that I can come to another one!!!!! ( I noticed one of the girls who told of her experience was named Lucy...one of my favorite movie actress is known for the name Lucy-Lucille Ball. I luv the name Lucy) :):)

    #unashamed
    Is. 53:5

    heresclo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, let me know if you'd like any help from a young, married woman who comes with a really cute baby boy to cuddle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Allison how exciting - I'm sure the young ladies will be incredibly blessed through this!

    Sadly I won't be able to come - due to the fact that I'm going to the KBR conference (Lord willing) + I'll Lord willing be headed to Africa May 30th.

    Maybe I'll be able to go next year ☺ maybe ;)

    Hope it all works for you + God bless you!!
    Love,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could go but maybe next year hope it all wroks out for u guys an have fun can't wait for a recap on this how fun lov the pic up tip it so cute hugs lov u guys an God bless u guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come sooooo bad but I have a wedding scheduled to photograph that weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison,
    I havent been on blogs for a while but my mom had told me about this!! I am so excited to come to this!! I am really looking foward to it. It will be refreshing and incouraging. Thank you so much for having the heart to do this.
    The Lord is so good!! Cant wait to see you and Chelsy.
    -Mackenzie W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison,
    I cant wait fo the retreat! what do we need to bring? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allison,
    I am so excited for the retreat! Just got the details and it is going to be so much fun!! Thanks so much!!
    Blessings,
    Mackenzie W.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing lies, hateful/unkind words, or profanity will not be posted.
Anyone is welcome to leave comments stating differing views/opinions to those expressed here, but if you wish to disagree, we request that you do so in honor by listing your first and last name along with your comment. We prefer to dialogue (about disagreements) with real people, instead of those hiding behind anonymous titles. Thank-you!