12.01.2007

Trusting God


This afternoon finds us in the middle of an early winter ice storm. It is the perfect day to bake cookies, play a game, drink hot chocolate, or blog; however, our joy is dampened knowing that my parents are stranded in Chicago. They left the airport in NY this morning, arrived in Chicago around noon, and then were told that their flight to Moline was cancelled because of the ice. They are resting at a motel room while we hope for the ice to melt quickly so they can catch a flight in the morning.
Are you wondering what all this has to do with trusting God? Trusting God in life's daily happenings is a lesson that God has been trying to teach me for years. When I heard the predictions for a storm, my prayer was that I would trust God for my parents arrival. The prayer was so much easier before I heard that their flight was cancelled! I feel like I am blindfolded while God is leading my hand. There are times when I would choose a different path than what I am walking on. Sometimes I stumble, but always I keep following.
"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." Psalm 5:11
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." Psalm 18:30

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for those thoughts. Trusting God, even in the midst of uncertainty, is the only place we find true peace. 'Seems ironic, I guess! I will pray for your parents' safe arrival.
    We are a little south and west of you, and we've got the same stuff going on - thankfully still with power, though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great reminder... i totally know where you are coming from.
    i am so thankful tho for God's ever present grace and strength!
    love ya guys and i'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing lies, hateful/unkind words, or profanity will not be posted.
Anyone is welcome to leave comments stating differing views/opinions to those expressed here, but if you wish to disagree, we request that you do so in honor by listing your first and last name along with your comment. We prefer to dialogue (about disagreements) with real people, instead of those hiding behind anonymous titles. Thank-you!