10.14.2007

Happy 40th Birthday, Mommy!!

This is our beautiful Mother, who is turning 40 today!!
Her personal birthday bio is as follows.........
* She has spent approx. 90 months (over 7 years for the math wiz:)) of her 40 years pregnant. IMPRESSIVE!!
* Her real name is Rebecca Marie
* Her favorite foods are anything from the garden, fresh fruit, & chocolate
* The one and only food she cannot eat is eggs
* She graduated from a well-known university with a degree in, ahem, "domestic engineering." just kidding. (but that is what she does!!)
* Her favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 1
* Her hobbies are scrap-booking, reading, gardening, & cooking.
* No one can believe she is 40 because she looks so young!
* She invariably gets asked, many times during every pregnancy, "Oh, so when are you due? And is this your first?" :) One lady asked this one time when I was w/ Mom shopping (she probably just thought it was 2 sisters or something!) and I was so privileged to get to watch her jaw hit the floor as Mom, grinning, replied, " Well, no, it's actually my 10th!!!" :) People seriously just can't believe it. And their responses are so funny. :) I mean, 10 isn't even that many!!
All 10 of her children (and her husband) are firm in their belief that she is the bestest, most wonderful, sweetest, awesomest, beautifulest mommy ever!! Please join us in wishing her a happy birthday!!!
We Love You Mother!!! Happy Birthday!!!
"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies....Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."
Proverbs 31: 10, 30, &31

(written by Chelsy)

4 comments:

  1. wow, I get to be the first comment =) happy birthday, Becky!!! I'm so happy to have found your family blog! (which I found from Nicole's, who I found through Rodney & Jodi's - isn't the internet fun?!) anyway, I skimmed back through it and found when you were wishing Allison happy birthday and had to laugh because the things that Chelsey wrote as memories of her, I actually remembered, too! I see the newest Bontrager arrived, congratulations - it's so funny to me to now have a baby a little older than the youngest of a family I used to babysit for when I was a kid myself =)
    love, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chelsey!! You managed to make me cry! What a beautiful birthday post to your mama! And congratulations Becky!
    -Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Becky. Truly you are blessed with a loving family, although it's not w/o sweat and tears on your part. But God has been good. I'm learning He can take my failures and mistakes as a mother and still use them for His glory. You are a challenge to me. May you have many more happy years ahead. -Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mrs Bontrager!
    Happy birthday! What chels said is true.. you are so young and beautiful... blessings as you continue to raise your family for Him. Thanks for being a great example to us.
    Looking forward to this next weekend.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing lies, hateful/unkind words, or profanity will not be posted.
Anyone is welcome to leave comments stating differing views/opinions to those expressed by our family here on our blog, but if you wish to disagree, we request that you do so in honor by listing your first and last name along with your comment. Thank-you!