"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;" Psalm 144:12a
On Friday, March 30, we celebrated Marlin's 40th birthday. This is a rather belated "Happy Birthday" wish to our dear husband and father. In the last 6 years we have seen his heart being turned to the children. What a blessing this has been to all of us!
Some of the great memories we have with this dear man we call daddy are:
- listening to him read a book aloud in the evenings (the book we are working on currently is "Ark Fever")
- riding in the tractor or combine with him
- playing "hide and seek" in the house or going outdoors in the summer to play "piggy wants a motion"
- hearing the daily news retold by him at mealtimes
- getting to ride with daddy to the bank (Elizabeth usually gets this honor and the treat that goes with it-a cookie or doughnut)
- playing football or basketball
- discussing if we should sell a certain calf, heifer, cow, or bull
Some of Marlin's favorites:
- food-taco salad, pizza, seafood enchilados, chocolate cake, and cheesecake
- ways to relax-read or visit with friends
- places to go-Barnes and Noble or a quiet restaurant
- summer activity-walking by the IA City River, camping, or playing ball
- winter activity-keeping warm
- farm work-driving the combine
- favorite verse- Malachi 4:6
In conclusion, we want to say "We love you, Daddy". We are so thankful that in God's providence He planned for this family to be in this time in history.